Friday 3 June 2011

Stormraven

So I finally got around to finishing my stormraven, will post below about some of the modelling details so you guys can see the pics first, not sure if the quality is as good as my other pictures, I really need to build a light box!



So modelling the stormraven! My first go at a vehicle larger than a rhino, I am still learning how to paint anyway, but vehicles are not my most preferred choice of model to paint. However after looking around at some weathering techniques (shout out to you obsidian painting, check youtube) I found myself much more comfortable with tackling large flat panels. It’s mainly simple dry brushes of black and dark brown, scratches with a knife that are then filled with boltgun metal and edged with scorched brown. As for the model itself, its easy to put together, however I am still mastering working with clear plastic and the frames for the cockpit and turret are not the easiest to put on! A side note to anyone making one, the glass on the cockpit has to go in underneath the canopy before you glue it down. Overall though a great model and I have definitely learned a thing or two I want to try out on tanks and expand on.
I picked up a fine cast model yesterday, and looked at as many as I could at the store, will be doing a review in the next week and doing a log of modelling the project, you will have to read the article to hear my verdict of finecast! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment